WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Mr. Gay World competition is a Twenty First Century public performance where the delegates represent their nation as the best spokesperson and embody the spirit of their nation.
The competition takes place over an intense four days and includes various challenges including …
… a photo challenge
… a sports challenge
… a fashion show/run way challenge
… a swim suit challenge
The delegate chosen to represent his peers on a global stage will not only have the inner beauty of confidence, self assurance, charisma and natural leadership abilities but he will also take care in his outward beauty.
The delegate will treat his body as his temple and will be active and outgoing. He will have impeccable grooming standards and has a thorough understanding of what attire is appropriate for each engagement he is to encounter.
During the stage competitions and particularly in the personal interviews,
the jury will focus on the delegate who …
1) … shows an interest in the world and people around him;
2) … displays patience, has a compassionate and considerate nature;
3) … embraces change, or things and people different from his own frame of reference, experience or cultural background;
4) … can articulate his thoughts and conduct an intelligent conversation;
5) … has a basic innate charm and sparkle;
6) … is special, and authentic;
7) … has poise and is secure with himself, without coming across as arrogant;
8) … is the ambassador that his nation and local community is proud of;
9) … can be a diplomat of goodwill;
10) … has natural leadership skills;
11) … inspires his peers and people around him;
12) … is willing to take risks and become something larger than he had imagined;
13) … is willing to have fun, push his personal comfort zones, and meet many wonderful people around the globe and be part of a very select and special group of men;
14) … is Mr. Gay World
Delegate must be at minimum 19 years of age one month prior to the competition. All Delegates are responsible for his own VISA requirements when visiting foreign countries. Spoken English is an asset but not mandatory.